- PERFECT FOR CREATING DRUMSET GROOVES: Support any style of music in a live or studio setting with bass and snare drum sounds from the Meinl Headliner Series Hardwood String Cajon (measures 11 3/4″ wide x 12″ deep x 18″ tall). The playing surface has two different zones for bass and snare sounds. Playing towards the center of the cajon creates deep bass; striking the top corners gives you a crisp slap tone like a snare drum.
- HARDWOOD BODY AND PLAYING SURFACE: The solid hardwood body with thick rubber feet has excellent tonal qualities that broaden your bass notes and focus your rolls and corner hits to take your beats to the next level. The deep and punchy frontplate provides the basis for rich sound development. This durable playing surface delivers a full bass spectrum, cutting snare slaps, and responds to soft finger rolls.
- ADJUSTABLE TOP CORNERS AND INTERNAL STRINGS: Adjustable metal strings span against the inside of the playing surface to add a snare sound and are tuned from the bottom of the cajon (hex key included inside). To alter the amount of “slap” sound from corner hits, the screws located closest to the top corners may be loosed or tightened to vary the amount of gap between the playing surface and cajon body.
- REAR PORT IDEAL FOR MIC PLACEMENT: A rear sound port is cut into the back of the resonating body to allow air to escape from the cajon as you play it. This results in enhanced tonal qualities and overall feel. This is an ideal spot to place a microphone when amplification is needed.
- OFFICIAL TWO YEAR MEINL WARRANTY: All Meinl cajons carry a two year manufacturer’s warranty when purchased from authorized retailers